Mercedes-approved tires?

I am about to replace the tires on my 2002 C320 Wagon and I have researched a number of options, in addition to simply replacing the mediocre Contis.
However, since this vehicle is leased from MBUSA, I want to be sure that the replacement tires are OK. The service rep at the dealer says that any MB-approved tire is OK but he cannot/will not give me a list.
1)Does anyone know of or have a link to such a list? 2)Has anyone ever had a problem returning a car with standard brand tires of the appropriate size and performance rating?
Kal
Sorry, no help here, just a comment. They say "you have to do something to allow you to return the car, but we are not going to tell you what you have to do". It seems abusive, nobody can be forced to do the impossible. Hope you find the list.

In all fairness, they did say that they would be happy to make the replacements and that a direct replacement would be fine. It's just that I have another 15months to ride on the new tires and I'd like to optimize my experience.
Kal
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 18:46:15 -0400, "MMansilla"

Save the tires you have on now and put them back on when you return the car. Use whatever you like. I like Michelins.
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 01:56:24 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@news.vrx.net (Richard Sexton) wrote:

That would have been a good idea if I had thought of it a few months back. At this point, the present tires are nearly beat.
Kal
So put them back on a day before you return the car.
DAS
"Kalman Rubinson" < snipped-for-privacy@nyu.edu> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:06:18 +0200, "Dori A Schmetterling"

bad idea, the tires need to have decent tread on them when the lease is up, if the tires are bad you need to either put decent ones on or pay a "fine"

Exactly. However, the good news is that I found the turn-in documents and no where does it specify Mercedes-approved tires. They must be in good condition, all matched and of sufficient quality/design for the application. In other words, if I upgrade a bit, they won't mind. Of course, I will have better tires for my driving on the remained of the lease.
Thanks everyone.
Kal