Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing

I am in Australia and need some advice. A relation who has just died in USA has,as part of his estate, a Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing upon which the insurance is us $2000.00 for six (6)
months. Based on this amount, what sort of value would the car have based upon this amount? Joey
joey wrote:

In the U.S the 300SL Gullwings are usually priced in the U.S $250,000 price range. In Australia, 300SL Gullwings command in excess of $500,000+!
--
CND

Yes, very likely. Low insurance premium probably because of restricted use and special (secure) storage such as a lock-up garage.
DAS
"CND" < snipped-for-privacy@cnd-enterprises.com> wrote in message
news:43073a96$0$1909$ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au...
Is Insurance at $US2000.00 per 6 month period really considered to be 'low' in USA? joey

For most cars, no -- that would be exceedingly high for most cars and drivers.
For a rare or collectible car like the 300SL Gullwing, I don't believe that it's unusually high.
--
Pete Stephenson
HeyPete.com
CND wrote:

Someone loan me $250,000 and I'll cut you in ;-)
CaptainW116 wrote:

I'll get my cheque book out. :-D
--
CND

The Gull Wing is almost worthless in the States. I will take it off your hands for use as a door stop if you wish. Disregard the rest of these Bozos. A. Shister

You probably should have the car appraised by a professional... If you let us know where it is in the states, we might be able to point you to an appraiser?