Mercedes Benz 420SEL 1991

Hello everyone, My Question is very simple. My Car is in mint condition other than three of the window are broken. That is of course as far as the interior and the paint goes. The engine is a mess. bascially my parents and I thought we could trust a mechanic (a friend) that said he could fix the car for cheap. It having no problem other than it needing a tune-up. Long story short the mechanic screwed us over, and overcharged us, we couldnt sue because he ranaway with our money. I was wondering what do you think I should do with the car, should I fix it and keep it or should I get rid of it for however much I can get out of it?

Reply to
terek

Hello everyone, My Question is very simple. My Car is in mint condition other than three of the window are broken. That is of course as far as the interior and the paint goes. The engine is a mess. basically my parents and I thought we could trust a mechanic (a friend) that said he could fix the car for cheap. It having no problem other than it needing a tune-up. Long story short the mechanic screwed us over, and overcharged us, we couldnt sue because he ranaway with our money. I was wondering what do you think I should do with the car, should I fix it and keep it or should I get rid of it for however much I can get out of it?

Reply to
terek

Well it really depends. Car is not worth much when it got all the problems as you described. How bad is the engine condition in? What is the mileage? Where are you located?

It is a solid car but the question is do you really want to keep the car?

Reply to
Tiger

Take it to an independent M-B shop for an estimate. An incompetent tune-up doesn't ruin the motor so fixing it is probably the most viable option; THEN sell it in running condition, rather than as a parts car.

Ask the shop if they would be interested in fixing it and selling it for you; negotiate a percentage split of the sales price. Risk less for you.

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach