mercedes benz 4x4 cosworth???

Hi could anyone tell me if there was a mercedes benz 4x4 cosworth made in the late 80's / early 90's? apparently there was only 500 made and they have 500
bhp? I dont believe a word of it but someone i met recently "had one". When i saw it and he started it up it sounded rubbish, not like a 500 bhp beast! can you help?
As far as I'm aware Cosworth did the head work on the 16 valve 190's other than that I don't think they had a great deal of input, There may have been a limited number of race cars produced that were made in a state suitable to be heavily tuned, 500 would make sense as that was the Homogulation number required for a car to be classed as "Production" Hence the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth of the same era.
Certainly not a road vehicle that I'm aware of in the UK.
Alan M
--
www.atstone.co.uk

Marble & Limestone Importers