Mercedes Benz Service Manuals...

Hey Everyone, For some reason, I decided to visit mbusa.com for some information and I ended up seeing this...

MB now offers service manual on classic MB cars for a mere $20!!! On CD... Just thought that some of you would want to get a set for your cars.

Tiger

Reply to
Tiger

Tiger ha scritto:

Do you have a European equivalent??? :-)

Reply to
Cordy

I am sure they have it... call up MB Classic in your area for help.

Reply to
Tiger

Not so fast. Are several cds for each model - Tech data $30 owners manuals $20 service manuals $20 maintenance booklets $20

Reply to
JJ

Service manual is all you need... service manual also have a copy of owner's manual in there.

Reply to
Tiger

Probably same old unorganised layout - in most parts have to pick material for your car from about 4-5 different year modls. No index and a skeleton guide to what is where. Also terrible waste of paper in printed manuals - probably same scatter in CD.

Reply to
JJ

Actually, I have the CD. I got it for my '77 300D. It covers several related models and years as well. It is not like a paper manual at all, although it is based on the paper manual. Let me explain. It rums on Windows ONLY. When started, there is a multi-media Flash animation that leads up to a series of menus by which you select your model & year, then which component of the car you are concerned with. At the conclusion of this you get to a PDF of the appropriate manual pages. My problem with this is that you need to have access to a computer next to your car (solution: print out the PDF). The other problem is that the PDFs appear to be scanned in images of the original manual. Thus the photographs are not as clear although the text is generally fine. The real problem is things where you need fine detail like electrical diagrams. I'd swap my CD for a printed manual if any of you are interested, ;-) .

Peter Hollings

Reply to
phollings

I have both the paper manuals and the CD for my 1982 300 TDT. The quality of the images in the printed manuals, which were scanned to create the CD, are lousy and have poor detail too.

I always pr> >

Reply to
heav

Really? Are they ripoffs of the original or the original MG printed issue? I can't believe MG would publish poor quality photos.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

Mercedes Factory Service Manual on CD has poor quality scan... no question about it... I have it in many different chassis and they are all the same. Lousy.

Reply to
Tiger