Mercedes-Benz Signs Lease for Classic Center in California

Mercedes-Benz Signs Lease for Classic Center in California Friday December 17, 3:27 pm ET

MONTVALE, N.J., Dec. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Mercedes-Benz USA will open a Classic Center -- the first such enterprise to be established by an automotive manufacturer in the United States -- in Irvine, CA in summer

2005.

Architectural plans to renovate the 27,626 square foot stand-alone building into a state-of-the-art facility for classic vehicle services were activated as soon as the lease at 9 Whatney (easily accessed from Freeway I-5) was signed in early November. Building alterations and installations of facility and workshop equipment are expected to take six months.

"Southern California with its high concentration of classic Mercedes-Benz vehicles, unlimited driving season and great appreciation for classic cars as a lifestyle statement is the perfect environment to establish our specialized client support service for the growing number of Mercedes-Benz classic car owners," stated Peter Spieth, general manager, Classic Center. "We've spent quite some time making plans to open this industry-leading facility here. We're highly gratified to see it happening and look forward to opening our doors to the public."

Through its close partnership with the original Mercedes-Benz Classic Center established eleven years ago in Fellbach, Germany, the new Classic Center in Irvine will provide benchmark resources in restoration expertise and archival materials dating to the origins of the automobile.

"The Classic Center will provide Mercedes-Benz classic owners and enthusiasts everything from books to vehicle restorations," said Classic Center Manager Mike Kunz. "We are creating the perfect place for owners, collectors and enthusiasts to get in touch with the Mercedes brand. No other carmaker is doing this for its American customers."

Classic Center activities will include buying and selling classic automobiles and performing appraisal and repair services. In addition, the Irvine site will house a boutique featuring exclusive Mercedes-Benz Classic Collection accessories, automobilia and literature and will display a collection of vintage Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

Currently, operating out of Mercedes-Benz USA corporate headquarters in Montvale, NJ, the Classic Center provides spare parts information and technical assistance for vintage Mercedes-Benz vehicles to callers to its toll-free number - 1-866-MB CLASSIC (622-5277) -- as well as expediting sales of Classic Collection accessories.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer