Mercedes C class phone adapter

Dear all,

The Merc I have oldered comes with phone adapters for a range of Nokia phones. Unfortunately, I am told the Nokia phones (6670 and 3230) we have are not compatible to these adapters.

I want to know if anyone has successfully used a 6670 with Merc Phone adapter part number B67875835 (for 6610i)?

or

Merc Australia is not aware of any adpapters for 6670. Is there one available in Asia, Europe or America?

Cheers

MB

Reply to
mukesh bhakta

The 3000 series never fitted in the factory-fitted cradle. It looks like you're in AU and you've ordered a factory-fitted phone system. Situation should be as in Europe.

In 'my' day there were no "adaptors". The cradle just accepts a range of Nokia models decided by Merc. Mine does many of the 6000 series, including the famous and no-longer-made 6310i. I think some 5000 series should fit as well.

You seem to suggest that there is a choice of cradles now. Even so, you have to stick with what Merc says. To double-check, try Merc Germany, tel:

0049 711-170, or the website.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Hi Lee,

I have a friend who has a 6610i and the adapter works fine with his setup.

I think its best to ring Merc and check with them.

Thanks DAS.

Reply to
mukesh bhakta

Hi guys,

I have got a reply from Merc Australia. They reckon an adapter for 6670 will be released soon though a date has not been set.

Cheers

MB

Reply to
mukesh bhakta

I am impressed that Merc is now using the adaptor concept. Maybe they realised that phones change so quickly that they could not expect their customers to use the same phone models for years.

A wireless solution must be the ultimate answer.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Considering how widely available Bluetooth is from pretty much so every phone vendor is is surprising they haven't jumped on this...

Maybe someday soon...

Reply to
Martin Joseph