Mercedes C240 (2001) Engine Diagnosis Indicator Lamp

Hello Everybody,
Just having a problem with my Mercedes C240 (2001) and was wondering if if anybody could help me.
The Engine Diagnosis Indicator Lamp comes on and the car powers down
and starts to slow down (does not pick up speed). I have to stop the car and start it back up and it runs fine. However the problem is intermitent and can occur from time to time.
I have taken it to the garage and they told me they repaired the fault, at a cost of £500, however I still have the problem. The garage replaced the Air Mass Meter and told me it should run fine but the problem is still occurring.
Could anybody help me out with this problem and point me in the direction of where the true fault could be?
Your help would be much appreciated.
βœ–
You need a scanner to read the fault code when it happens. I am not sure in UK that follows the OBDII standard... if so, you can buy or rent a scanner to read this problem. It is crucial to have the info to properly diagnose the problem.
Add pictures here
βœ–
you may have a bad crankshaft position sensor on My 2001 c240 I just replaced mine and the same problem you have I had and it fixed mine Its located behind the head on the driver,s side rear you must remove the air ram to reach it but you can do i
"Rajsn" wrote
> Hello Everybody, > > Just having a problem with my [b:5670e0e56a]Mercedes C240 > (2001) [/b:5670e0e56a]and was wondering if if anybody could > help me. > > The Engine Diagnosis Indicator Lamp comes on and the car > powers down and starts to slow down (does not pick up speed). > I have to stop the car and start it back up and it runs fine. > However the problem is intermitent and can occur from time to > time. > > I have taken it to the garage and they told me they repaired > the fault, at a cost of £500, however I still have the > problem. The garage replaced the Air Mass Meter and told me > it should run fine but the problem is still occurring. > > Could anybody help me out with this problem and point me in > the direction of where the true fault could be? > > Your help would be much appreciated.
Add pictures here
βœ–
will that work for an 1999 E320? I have the sensor but don’t know where it goes>
"SlickRick" wrote: > you may have a bad crankshaft position sensor on My 2001 c240 > I just replaced mine and the same problem you have I had and > it fixed mine Its located behind the head on the driver,s side > rear you must remove the air ram to reach it but you can do it
Add pictures here
βœ–