mercedes chrome wheels

14" mercedes chrome wheels on sale this week at ebay.com Factory New

I looked but did not see them.
-Kent
To view the item, go to:

or type in the search box mercedes chrome wire

"Factory new"??? There is NO SUCH THING!!! Mercedes does NOT offer or approve chrome wheels on any of the cars they sell. If you see chrome wheels, they were put on after the car left the factory.

Dear Bright Boy, These wheels were never even opened out of there box.... they ARE Factory new from Dayton

Your ad said '14" mercedes chrome wheels'. Perhaps you are the Bright Boy and you can't word your ad correctly. In reality, you have 14" chrome wheels that FIT a mercedes. You have DAYTON wheels not MERCEDES wheels!!

Interesting... has this always been the case? Were my 87 300D's chrome wheels originally alloy?
-Mike

is this true? you cant buy chrome?

KINGLIFER wrote:

Karl did point it out clearly: You can not buy chrome alloy wheels FROM Mercedes, but you can buy aftermarket chrome wheels FOR a Mercedes.
Juergen
Curious: the brand new C240 Estate in my local MB dealership reception room has chrome wheels... did the dealership have the wheels chrome plated after they took delivery?
Mike
wrote in message

Mike \"Rotor\" Nowak wrote:

When the rims are chromed, they are not original rims or they are original rims which have been aftermarket chromed/plated.
But maybe it is the polished AMG double-spoke design, 7,5 J x 17 front and 8,5 J x 17 rear which are standard with the C32?
As standard the C240 wagon comes in the US with 7-spoke 7 J x 16 front and rear.
Juergen -------------------------------------------------------------------

They are stock 7-spoke rims, with a very odd looking chrome plating. I guess it was done once the car hit the dealership... interesting.
Mike
wrote in message

The reason that MB does not offer chrome wheels is that after 5 to 7 years or less the chrome will begin to rust on the rim edges and your tubeless tires will start developing slow leaks. Plus the chrome wheels are not nearly as strong as the original wheels that come with the new car. The OEM wheels are made of quality alloys...the chrome wheels you see are just steel knock-offs that have had a chrome job. Never, never trade in your factory wheels for chrome. You are not only paying for the chrome wheels but you are giving up your OEM wheels that are worth much more. ___________________________________________
wrote in message

My SL500 has original MB chrome wheels. Love them.

I recently saw a new(er) S500 with chrome wheels coming out of a tire dealership. I could only shake my head at the poor taste.
Recently the spouse of a colleague of mine bought a new SL500 with chrome wheels. It looks all pimped out.
An MB is supposed to seduce you with its subtlety not jump out at you like a gangsta-rapper with loud jewelry.
What is the matter with these people who seem to have more money than taste?

look great. More money that taste? Ha. What do you have?

Why don't you put spinners on it?
'99 SL500 '00 E320 4 Matic
H, I happen to like my chrome MB wheels. Why do you feel so high and mighty that you must put people down who own them? I have a feeling you may be confusing what I paid as an option with something else. In either case why do you act like an asshole? Accept the fact that not all people have your exquisite taste and stop being a jerk.
Don

OK. I promise it won't happen again.
Don wrote:

_Original MB chrome wheels_?
What's the factory option code for them?
Juergen