Mercedes Dealer Invoice

Having worked sales for the better part of my life, I know the value, and the BS, behind the extended warranty. Before I purchase a new E-class, I'd like to know if anyone can clue me in as to the dealer cost for the ext.
warranty. Purchasing a new vehicle can be much cheaper if you know the other player's cards. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

you can save 100% by not making a purchase.
It costs the dealer nothing. It is a kick-back/commission deal.

I think that the dealer is collecting the money for MB. Almost everyone who buys one of the extended warranties says they have come out ahead on the deal, especially the StarMark warranty that is available on used MBs thru the dealer.

I was told my my MB service advisor that the Mercedes Extended warranty was not very inclusive and had lots or exceptions, even though MB touts it as a "bumper to bumper" extended warranty it is NOT. I purchased a Warrentech from my MB dealership instead as it was almost a true "bumper to bumper" and cost $2000 less, and Warrentech had always paid all claims without ever a problem.
Finally one I can help with. I work at a dealership (benz, Porsche ,Audi, v.w., Nissan, Volvo) and have some info on the warranty stuff. The certification programs from the manufactures are vastly superior to the extended warranty plans sold by dealership finance personnel both in coverage and value. Plans like starmark have a price that is set, this price has a fair profit built in. The other type of traditional cover anybrand warranty is a pure gross profit machine. We have a cost sheet and then have the ability to sell them at ANY price. It is not uncommon to make more on the warranty than the car. Three thousand ($3,000) profit on those things happens allot. Plans like starmark are vastly superior. First they are built into the price of the car as it sits on the mb dealership lot. Do not let the salesman convince it is not(I know they try that ). Best deal on star mark is when you can bump the years up to the max. Buy the right used mb and you will get more warranty than a new car and save a ton of money. Hope my ramblings make sense.
Brett A. Snell
I don't know if this has anything to do with your question, but I imported a 1999 E-class from Germany to Norway last year, and was since advised by a friend that some of the later E-class cars had rust problems. I went to my local dealer and asked about this problem, and one of the mechanics came out with me, and went over the problem areas, and sure enough he discovered some rust on the window frames on three of the doors. The dealership applied to MB for a replacement of the doors, and after two days they called me and said I could just leave tha car with them and MB would cover the replacement of all four doors on my car. Parts and labour. This I call service. Remember they had never seen the car before, and I even got a rental car while mine was in the workshop..
Steinar