MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER

Page 2 of 3
Prestwicke?
Is that really your name?
Your bitter little snap about MB is obviously based on going thru life with a name that sounds like a dry cleaners.

My earlier post suggested the negatives of owning a Mercedes.
As I have read a few of the responses--mostly from Mercedes drivers, my immediate reaction is one of disgust for the deeply engrained, WASPY, Republican, elitist, country-club arrogance of Mercedes owners. Your upper-class arrogance ( we're better than the trailer-trash, blue collar folks ) is only digging the hole deeper and confirming my narrative.
The Mercedes drivers assume that I live in a trailer and have my car parked on blocks. I could afford to own a Mercedes. I choose not too impress other people. I do not live in a trailer, and I certainly do not tote a Busch beer in my hand. I live in a wealthy American suburb and have neighbours who drive Mercedes, Jaguars, and BMWs.
A good percentage of Mercedes drivers cannot afford to own one. Many pay exorbitant lease fees, and then must live in a flat, with 10 other flatmates, to afford food and the other basic necessities of life.
By the tone of the responses, the Mercedes owners have alluded to the fact that they do not associate with people who live in trailers or whom even drive Chevrolet Cavaliers. Well-- I've got news for you too. I do not, and would not fathom the thought of associating myself with someone who drives a Mercedes only to impress other people, unless they are active in charity work.
I find it rather humorous that, on a consistent basis, Mercedes and other luxury cars are always parked in the yellow, no-parking zones at shopping malls. hotels, restaurants, etc. Luxury car owns assume that they are a VIP, and parking where other people park is beneath their dignity.
Enjoy your Mercedes. In fact, do not buy a casket when you die. Just be buried in your Mercedes, for all I care. A wood casket is all I ask for myself. I am sure a wood casket is not the type of casket a Mercedes drivers would be CAUGHT DEAD IN. I guess Mercedes owners have their trailer-trash humour. Well, I have my non-Mercedes owner humour too.
Okay, okay, okay-- to all you other Jed and Jethro Mercedes owners, my "Beverly Hillbillies Truck" IS on blocks occasionally, just like I assume every Mercedes owner is a graduate of MIT. ( Mississippi Institute of Telemarketing ).
I just want to convey the idea that a huge percentage of non-luxury car owners, and the general public at-large, do not look at your over-priced car with awe, and gleeful admiration.
JDB wrote:

Although English is not my mother tongue it is pretty obvious to me the name is a fake.
Juergen - always eating Sauerkraut and drinking Bavarian Beer before he takes a ride in his MB accompanied by his German shepherd and wife Heidi

gee Juergen, you forgot to mention that you were wearing Lederhosen :-)

never mind that short trouser shit - Heidi is supposed to be *my* wife
Guenter Scholz wrote:

Ah, no, because on my last trip from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Castle Neuschwanstein some Schwarzwald bandits stole my Lederhosen!
Jawoll - zad is life!
Juergen - living in a tent and saving for a trailer
P.S.: German shepherd for sale - seeking for Dackel or Pudel
Juergen . wrote:

Did you like Neuschwanstein? What is the best Bavarian beer so I know what to get when I some day take a trip to see the castle? Why do you want to sell the poor dog? You will break his little doggie heart! Does he chew on the car?
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

No - he did not defend my Lederhosen when those Schwarzwald bandids robbed us.
Luckily the bandids did not detect the cuckoo clock...
Juergen
(just to point it out clearly: All my answers in this thread are ironic: I haven't been to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, castle Neuschwanstein or Schwarzwald in the last years, neither do I live in a tent nor a trailer, I have no wife with the name of Heidi and I also do not have a dog, not to speak of a German shepherd - I would never sell any animal living with me; rarely I do eat Sauerkraut and I never ever drink any beer or alcohol before driving and I do not own any cuckoo clock)
Juergen, you disappoint me. I was hoping for a discussion on the relative merits of Hacker-Pschorr and Weihenstephan beers and the various Sauerkraut types.
Anyway, you must be a fake, as anybody who implies that the Black Forest in Bavaria clearly has never been near Germany. Are you sure you are not an American living in Germantown, Pennsylvania...?...
We have a cuckoo clock in our hall. When buying it I made SURE it was 'kastriert', i.e. had no cuckoo sound as it would guarantee my insanity in an hour...
DAS --
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

I live more in the North so I can better talk about Jever http://www.jever.de/englisch/home/home_frame.htm
Flensburger http://www.flensburger.de /
Holsten http://www.holsten.de/e /
and Astra beer http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/astra/index.act oops - wrong URL; we want something to enjoy and not to spew! ;-) http://www.astra-bier.de /
- and how &%(! Lueneburger beer tastes (comparable to Astra cars)!

No, I haven't implied that - I wrote

http://www.rothenburg.de /
http://www.neuschwanstein.com/english/index.htm http://www.neuschwanstein.com/english/service/how_to_get_there.htm
What you can learn from this is _how_ bad German economy is - even the Schwarzwald bandits have to leave their homeland to make _business_!

Ok, ok, ok - you got me: My name is Henry Deutschmeister, I live in a tent in Sandpoint, Idaho and do drive a 1990 Hyundai Excel Hatchback which looks like this one <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item $43695936> - mine is brown. But one day I will have the money to drive a Mercedes-Benz!

The modern incarnation of the cuckoo clock is here: <https://shop.bmwgroup.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/de/-/EUR/DisplayProductInformation-Start ;sid=K2CrB_q5PamrR8UEMqVrakQaNAacD9AIWZI=?ProductSKU%2026%200%20025%20667&ProductID=3tOgMme53y0AAAD40TVX%2eoJA&SecondCurrency=---&CategoryName=MINI>
Juergen ;-))) ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, if you live in the NORTH then you certainly wouldn't even know what Lederhosen look like (unless you once journeyed south of the Danube).. (try explaining that to the North Americans reading this :-)
How's the weather? Still foggier and generally worse than southern England?...(Schmuddelwetter extraordinaire)
You reminded me of my time in Hamburg, which is when I had my 60-PS W123 200D in Weizengelb..oh, those were the days... Of course, driving around Schlewig-Holstein in that was no problem (note: it's FLAT), but my colleagues, who also had this type of car and who covered the whole of Germany including the mountains, were less happy.
DAS --
Hi Dori,
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

Oh yes, I DO have crossed the Danube before! ;-)
And when I was a child I had Bavarian-style Lederhosen - yes, really, no joke!

Yes, Schmuddelwetter exactly meets it (cloudy and drizzling) - maybe the similarity of the wheater makes me feel so good everytime I visit the UK?

Weizengelb? A great colour for the late /8 and the W123 - for today a bit too _loud_ but was perfect for the 1970s.
And 60 PS? Maybe as stick shift? Compared to a 55 PS W123 200D with auto trans it is a race-car (over the past 20 years I drove all W123 diesel engines: 55, 60; 60; 65, 72; 80, 88; 125 PS in Germany)!

FLAT? They have a mountain which is 168 m high (551 feet)! And only ignorant people would call that a _hill_... ;-)

Yes, these cars _are_ slow - but buses and trucks are even slower ;-)
Juergen - 1982 W123 240D auto Euro sedan 72 PS 0-62.1 mph = 24,7 sec top speed 86 mph
The VW guys told me everyone in Bavaria is named Fritz....

No, Maxi (after Emperor Maximilian)...
Fritz is the name of every German in Anglo-Saxon war comics.
Funny thing is that I have a Bavarian friend whose name is...Fritz...and he has a son called...Maximilian...
And in the (small residential) building where my office is there is a family where the mother hails from Munich and their son is called...Maxi...
The other children of these two families are girls, so they don't count in this survey. London Maxi's dad is originally from the Caribbean, so he doesn't count. That leaves three males with Bavarian connections.
So by this highly scientific survey, you may conclude that all Bavarian males are called Fritz or Maxi, and that there are two Maxis for every Fritz...
So maybe Jerry McG is not so wrong after all...
DAS --
They also told be every Prussian is named Sep...

See below.
DAS --
Hacker-Pschorr, presumably? Or do you like the stuff with a really ancient history: Weihenstephan?
And is your Sauerkraut made locally, in Poland or in the Czech Republic? Which is best, do you think? I prefer the Polish variety myself, at least as sold under the Krakus name...
DAS --

Oh, so you are the lucky lad who got the Heidi girl!
Frank

I want the St Pauli Girl!
dies gedichtet:

dies gedichtet:

Been there, watched carefully. Believe me: You do not want the St. Pauli Girl...
Frank

Girl...<
Oh, NO! Another fantasy dashed!!! What, has she got implants, bad teeth, WHAT????