MERCEDES DRIVERS DIG THE HOLE DEEPER

Well, if you live in the NORTH then you certainly wouldn't even know what Lederhosen look like (unless you once journeyed south of the Danube).. (try explaining that to the North Americans reading this :-)

How's the weather? Still foggier and generally worse than southern England?...(Schmuddelwetter extraordinaire)

You reminded me of my time in Hamburg, which is when I had my 60-PS W123

200D in Weizengelb..oh, those were the days... Of course, driving around Schlewig-Holstein in that was no problem (note: it's FLAT), but my colleagues, who also had this type of car and who covered the whole of Germany including the mountains, were less happy.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Must be the same females lining the streets when I inspected them in the early eighties, as many were pretty young then...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Oh yes, I DO have crossed the Danube before! ;-)

And when I was a child I had Bavarian-style Lederhosen - yes, really, no joke!

Yes, Schmuddelwetter exactly meets it (cloudy and drizzling) - maybe the similarity of the wheater makes me feel so good everytime I visit the UK?

Weizengelb? A great colour for the late /8 and the W123 - for today a bit too _loud_ but was perfect for the 1970s.

And 60 PS? Maybe as stick shift? Compared to a 55 PS W123 200D with auto trans it is a race-car (over the past 20 years I drove all W123 diesel engines: 55, 60; 60; 65, 72;

80, 88; 125 PS in Germany)!

FLAT? They have a mountain which is 168 m high (551 feet)! And only ignorant people would call that a _hill_... ;-)

Yes, these cars _are_ slow - but buses and trucks are even slower ;-)

Juergen - 1982 W123 240D auto Euro sedan 72 PS

0-62.1 mph = 24,7 sec top speed 86 mph
Reply to
Juergen .

early eighties, as many were pretty young then...<

The Tri Farben House in Munich is reputed to be full of Dori's ex-80's conquests!

Reply to
Jerry McG

The VW guys told me everyone in Bavaria is named Fritz....

Reply to
Jerry McG

No, Maxi (after Emperor Maximilian)...

Fritz is the name of every German in Anglo-Saxon war comics.

Funny thing is that I have a Bavarian friend whose name is...Fritz...and he has a son called...Maximilian...

And in the (small residential) building where my office is there is a family where the mother hails from Munich and their son is called...Maxi...

The other children of these two families are girls, so they don't count in this survey. London Maxi's dad is originally from the Caribbean, so he doesn't count. That leaves three males with Bavarian connections.

So by this highly scientific survey, you may conclude that all Bavarian males are called Fritz or Maxi, and that there are two Maxis for every Fritz...

So maybe Jerry McG is not so wrong after all...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

See below.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

They also told be every Prussian is named Sep...

Reply to
Jerry McG