mercedes E190 Diesel 2.5 litre....Running on problem

Hi everyone. Im thinking about buying a 1988 E190 diesel. But it has a problem, that if the engine is turned off, it runs-on for a few minutes. The current owner says this is some sort of vaccume problem.
Any ideas on what the problem is and the cost of fixing it please. is it a DIY thing?
Thanks Maddog.
Hi. It does sound like a vacuum problem. If you disconnect the pipe where it goes to the pump & draw on it & engine stops, then you have found the problem. The solution is to check the rubber joiners & check around engine for chafes in the pipe from the vacuum pump
"maddog" wrote
--
Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface.
Articles individually verified to usenet standards.

2008 T.G.Lambach. Publication in any form requires prior written
permission.