Mercedes E320 V Lexus GS300

In the market for a new luxury vehicle I am trying to decide between one of the above. What do you Mercedes guys think is the advantage of the E320?

On 2006-04-29 09:46:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Smith) said:

European cars have a particular road feel and responsiveness that is not matched by japanese supercars.
That said, Toyota (aka Lexus) builds the highest quality cars in the world, as of this date.
If you drive both and like both, buy the Lexus. If you drive both and like the MB better, then we will speak to you again soon...
Marty
I get the feeling that an E320 will spend a lot more time in the repair shop than the GS320. Would this hold true for the diesel powered model?
Martin Joseph wrote:

That said, and IMHO, you roll the clock forward 10 years, and you keep it that long, I think you will still be happy with the MB and not so much with the Lexus.
(Pricing on parts for the Lexus seem much higher, where I am, anyway.)
Regards, WS
--
change to leews to mail

You can feel the road; it's not "comfortably numb".

None! The Mercdes will spend all its life at the dealer, getting faults fixed. With the Lexus, you will not see your dealer again until the first service.
In Bob Smith typed:

Mercedes T&A looks better!
DanlK, ~~~\8-O FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:46:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Bob Smith) wrote:

I have been fortunate enough to own both (three years each). Never had a problem with either of them although the Lexus ate brake discs (rotors). The Lexus has zero personality, it's just a cunning Japanese mobility device. If that's what you want, buy it, but the Merc is more involving, and more relaxing as a mile-eater; I also found it about 15% more economical. Known in some quarters as the Flying Fortress.
Lexus brakes were (even) better, and the hifi was also.
--
All the best
David Millen