Mercedes is crap

Page 1 of 2
Sorry , but these cars are bad.They cost a lot of money and won΄t work at all.
Better buy a bike.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Mercedes makes bicycles too. They're about $3000.
βœ–

very unreliable electrics. Like their cars really!
Add pictures here
βœ–

I agree with you entirely. My car (C-Class) has been staggeringly unreliable and has been back to the dealer over twenty times in two years. I did indeed buy a bike (a folding bike) which I could take with me every time the car broke down or as transport back from the dealer to save on taxi fares...
Add pictures here
βœ–

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included, reply via the newsgroups or ask for a valid email address.
Add pictures here
βœ–

defects) to Australia, rather than repairing the defects in Germany, which is much more expensive. To MB, Australia is the place on earth, farthest away from Stuttgart (except for The South Pole), and they totally ignores any rants from there.
Jesper
Add pictures here
βœ–
May be hard for Aussies to believe, but ALL MBs have problems world wide. MB isn't sophisticated enough to fob off their potential junkers to remote markets. It appears they're all crap now and their dealer service departments are totally overwhelmed. MB execs are delusional, claiming their problems in quality studies are all related to the Command system. Spend about a day at a dealer and you'll see LOTS more problems than that, they just can't cope at this point in time. As A result, after my 3rd consecutive E Class, no more Benzes for me. I'm off to Lexus land it appears.

Add pictures here
βœ–
My dealer told me that they have 12 full time service advisors and 150 cars a day on average come in there. Oh my! KH

Add pictures here
βœ–
Well, in fairness they have increased their annual sales by about a factor of five over the past 8 years, but at the same time their quality has slipped and they've added more models, some of which, like the ML are horrendous. Lexus has sold even more vehicles over the same time period, has maintained quality and done a far better job of managing retailer service capacity and capabilities. MB seems to have been taken over by clueless marketing types.

Add pictures here
βœ–

around the place. I suspect most of them are customers cars waiting to be picked up after repair. Go past a Lexus dealer and there are only a few new cars in the showroom - the outside car park is mostly empty. All the customer cars are out being driven. I'm definitely going Lexus next time too.
Add pictures here
βœ–
The only problem is that the Lexus is such a boring looking car. It looks like a corolla or something. Its just not exciting driving a lexus. its sad. KH

Add pictures here
βœ–
Who would want to drive a fancy Toyota when they can own a real car that will last. More than likely the reason there are so many cars at the dealership is that real Mercedes owners know the importance of service and maintaining their automobile. Any car can be crap.. It all depends on the owner. And you get out what you put in...
Add pictures here
βœ–
Now we are stretching things a bit. The electrical problems that the newer Mercedes seem to have are hard to ignore. KH

Add pictures here
βœ–
That's complete nonsense, maintence is paid for the first four years, I'm sure the vast majority of buyers take advantage of it. Face up to the facts , they're not the cars they used to be. -Dana

Add pictures here
βœ–
Indeed, with the introduction of the C Class in '94 MB signaled a new, volume based strategy. They are in process of mortgaging the long term viability of the brand for the sake of short-term sales records and record salaries for Jerkin Shrimp and the MB board.
While the dealers are doing well now, the legacy poor quality will cost MB the loss of many of the most loyal owners in the industry. Sad, but inevitable.

Add pictures here
βœ–
A motoring writer in Britain's best selling Sunday paper -- when writing about the new small Volvo yesterday -- referred to the increasingly "shabby" interior of the smaller Mercedes (and BMW!) cars.
Sad. DAS --
βœ–
It's not just the small MBs that are being "dumbed down". Even the S Class has some interior bits that would look more appropriate in a Ford Focus. With the lease on my '00 E430 coming up early next year I stopped by a dealer in Denver to look over the new E Class. First, even though I'd driven up in an MB, no one in the dealership bothered to ask me if I had any questions, etc. (don;t you just love that?) So, I just helped myself. ;-)
I must say that while the layout of controls is much better on the new E, as is the feature content (from what I could tell just sitting in it), I was not impressed with the overall level of fit an finish. Again, some of the interior plastic looks very cheap and insubstantial. What's most disturbing is the deterioration in the quality of body work, seams around the C pillars on the E Class look like they've been worked on by a High School auto body repair class, unreal. All this for $55-75k!

Add pictures here
βœ–
What did you expect from Chrysler corp?
MB will coast a long time on past glory.
Once you've established an image for quality you can do pretty much what you want for a long time.
People still go to Greece to see bits of their past glory. In 4025 people will be going to Stuttgart to see a cigar lighter that once worked.
Add pictures here
βœ–

At least you get to drive the damned thing. My C-Class is always at the dealer getting repaired.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I have had 7 Mercedes and 3 Lexi. I don't buy the "Lexus is boring" thing one bit. The only thing boring is NOT having to go to the dealer AT LEAST once-a-month for maintenance and repairs. Boredom...let me have it!

Add pictures here
βœ–