Mercedes just made me hate them

Page 2 of 2
Makes me wonder the real reason MB is stopping the mileage awards. I doubt it's the cost of the program. I would think it more likely that it's an acknowledgement that the cars they are turning out today aren't
going to last like the ones in the past. Might be embarrassing to have customers asking why there are badges for mileages the cars are incapable of ever reeaching....

My understanding is they are not discontinuing the awards program, but have just stopped giving out lapel pins along with it. You still get the badge for the grill and a certificate, but no lapel pin. The program is still listed on the US website:
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?heritage/index.jsp
--

- RODNEY

Right, before you got different, ONE PIECE, badges (silver, gold, platinum IIRC) for each award, and if you were the original owner you also got a certificate and a lapel pin. Now everybody gets 2 piece badges so as you step up in levels you just replace the lower part saying how many KM and you get nothing special for being an original owner. Just as with everything else, Mercedes is skimping. Richard

There aren't very many original owners that keep these cars that long (understatement of the week).
Sorry you are PO'd about this, but if this is a make or break deal for you with an auto vendor, I recommend you seek professional help( and I don't mean a mechanic :~)

So, why should Benz bother skimping? It's not like they're losing a lot on it.

Har har.

YES! Finally someone gets that I'm not talking about those things used by nautical types to split twine but that I'm referring to Cpt. Haddock's mansion. Hooray! I think you should go buy youself a cookie for this. Everybody else thinks I'm talking about a nautical tool Richard