Mercedes ML320 spark plug

I have a Mercedes ML320, I took it to the garage, because the "check engine" light came on, they telling me is the the spark plug.
I would like to know if someone could give me any idea how much this
plus is, because I'm a woman and I know that some places take adventage of that, this way I'll have an idea, so I can better protect myself.
Thank you
How many miles do you have on your ML?
WHAT is the fault code that turned on the check engine light?

The car has 38,000 miles, and I don't know the fault code, I assumed what turned the the "check engine" light on was the spark plug, but I realy don't know.
Thanks
What year is the car? The platinum plugs are supposed to go for 100K miles.
mgrandoit wrote:

The "check engine" lite can be many things; the codes should be checked. My bet is on the oxysensor signalling replacement needed.
DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org
My bet is P0170/P0173 for the air mass sensor!

Go to Autozone and have them pull the code out for you... they will do it for free.

Most good auto parts stores will do this.