Mercedes oil consumption

throttle.

What a refreshing change for Usenet. It seems we are mostly in agreement :-) It does seem that many people mistakenly believe that running-in requires light loads and a kid-glove treatment, when in fact what is needed is normal running at varying speeds and medium loads leading to fairly heavy loads after a few hundred miles. Therafter the engine should be sweet as a nut into old age if maintained approximately as specified by the manufacturer.

Huw

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Of course I have no absolute proof but I reckon my greatest 'running in' success was my W123 200D.

Every one else -- there were quite a few in the company fleet -- reached a max of about 135 km/h whereas I had an indicated 143 km/h or so. When my colleagues saw this they were a bit envious... :-))

I was rather worried about the first few hundred km as I had one very long motorway journey. I was not allowed to exceed about 100 km/h and it was so boring. Hard to keep changing speed....

Those were the days... DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling