Mercedes only cranks over,when I spray a little starting fluid

I have a 1993 mercedes 500SEL,I had it parked for about 8 months,due to radiator was leaking,so I just installed a new one.The problem I'm having is the engine will sound like it's gonna run,and it doesn't,so I sprayed a little starter fluid and it turn over for a few seconds then just die out,I also disconnected the fuel line going to the injectors(fuel line) and little gas shot out at a very low pressure,could it be the fuel pump,gas filter is new,please can anyone give me advise.THANKS

Reply to
mikegenuine

If you gas tank was not full, most likely your filters are clogged... hit the filter a couple of times to see if that knocks off the gunks.

Reply to
Tiger

mine is that way when fuel pump relay isn't working. usually because the security system has been tripped bcause of dead battery.

Reply to
jb

Hey Mike have someone give the fuel pump a little tap with a small hammer when you crank the engine over. Sometimes the fuel pump will free up enough to run the engine for a minute or so and die soon after. The fuel pump is located in the right rear, just above the fuel filter. If this works your fuel pump is shot. Aways replace the fuel filter with the pump. Good luck

Reply to
mdsimon80