Mercedes owns one dealer in the whole USA

( I was wrong, but I am not sure how they can have 41 locations and be one dealer )

Mercedes-Benz Manhattan offers free valet parking at our 41st location! If you are purchasing, financing or leasing a Mercedes-Benz in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Tri-State area you have come to the right place. Mercedes-Benz Manhattan is the only factory owned Mercedes-Benz dealership in the United States. We have two convenient locations in New York City, one on the west side on 11th Avenue & 41st and one on Park Avenue between 55th and 56th. Visit our 36 vehicle used car indoor showroom for our extensive Certified Pre-Owned inventory. Our Maybach Studio is on Park Avenue, featuring the new Maybach 57S. We even have the hard to find SLR McLaren. Mercedes-Benz Manhattan is the only place in NYC to find the Mercedes-Benz you are looking for. We serve the five boroughs of NY; Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan. We are minutes from NJ and easy to access from CT and Long Island.

Reply to
greek_philosophizer

"greek_philosophizer" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

I think if you read carefully, it is Forty-First-Street in Manhattan. :)

Reply to
me

The address is: 536 West 41st Street

Someone forgot the "Street"

Who else but mbusa can afford to pay NYC rents?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

I assume that they own the building. That dealer has been there forever, but it does explain how it stays in business. You've got to be pretty damn rich to buy a Mercedes in NYC instead of Jersey because you have to pay city sales tax on the car, which is a serious premium over any dealer less than a half hour out of the city.

Reply to
Hazey

Two words: United Nations

Reply to
me

Mercedes used to own two factory dealerships--Manhattan and Mercedes-Benz of Hollywood. The Hollywood store has apparently been closed/sold since I last visited it in the early 1980s.

The Park Avenue showroom is worth a visit when you are in Manhattan--it's a little gem designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. IIRC, it was originally a Jaguar showroom.

Reply to
CEB

No, that's not it at all. Like Los Angeles there are people in NYC that just don't care what things cost. They ask, they pay they move on. They have zero interest in saving money. They just don't need to. You see this with more than just cars.

Case in point: I collect old watches and one watch I have was $175 new in box from 1943. A good but not great deal. I saw the same thing but awfully beat up for $850 in a store in NY and asked my friend who lived there what's up with that? He explained the to me what I explained to you in the paragraph above.

Reply to
Richard Sexton
?

I thought that the UN building was on the east side.

If catering for the UN diplomats, why would one maintain a shop on the other side of Manhattan?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

You are right it could be closer, but it is really close.

The UN is at E 42nd street. Just about every embassy is within an 10 block radius.

536 W 41st is only about 10 blocks from the UN across Park Avenue on the other side of Bryant Park about 1.6 miles and at the entrance to 495 and the Lincoln tunnel.

Reply to
me

the store in manhattan must be owned by mbusa, the rest of them are AUTHORIZED by the factory dealerships

Reply to
jdoe