Mercedes R class

It's big. It has no star standing on the hood. It's made in Alabama....
What a great time to roll out the largest mercedes passenger vehicle ever...
Just when record gasoline prices continue to spike. Brilliant.
Annoying link. look for the blue boxed area to the right of screen...
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/default.asp?siteid=mktw&dist=&refresh=on
Never mind about being second...
Couldn't get video, only sound, from this link. It's enough. The R-Class was "built for the US". 'Nuff said.
DAS
"Martin Joseph" < snipped-for-privacy@barknaturalpet.com> wrote in message
Hello,
Have you forgotten about the diesel motors? Mercedes-Benz promises to have the new 4-litre diesel V8 motors for US market next year in addition to its successful 3,2-litre diesel V6 motors. The E320 CDI has been a runaway success with all of 5.000 units sold in six months. 2006 is the first year for the federally compulsory 'clean diesel'. Too bad about California's CARB being too stifling and rigid with the diesel regulations.
Oliver
Martin Joseph wrote:

Yes, built in Alabama, I appreciate the design, it could be a suitable replacement for our E500T, but, will it be as well built as a German car and last as long. I am not convinced that it is not essentially a Chrysler with a star in the grill. There have been serious quality issues with the M class. Will the R-class be better engineered and built?
Per http://lowdin.nu

Ooh, be still my heart! Cup holders, "better" fuel economy with no clue what that means (how can they not know?), what a salesman! I'll stick with my E320 wagon, thanks, it holds seven, has six cupholders, and is paid for! 8*)
Looks like a Mercedes Magnum. Does it come with a Hemi?
Sorry, my mistaake. It isn't a Magnum, it is a Pacifica.