Mercedes Reliability

Hi. I am thinking of getting a Mercedes when the lease on my current car expires. I have been a little bit concerned about the quality control issues (especially the electronics related problems in the recent model E series cars). Does anybody have a sense of whether or not things are improving in the brand? Are there any specific models or years that should be avoided? I have been thinking about trying to track down a low mileage SL500, but if the recent ones have had glitches and the new ones are better, I would consider biting the bullet and getting a new one. I have also been thinking about the CLS

500 coupe.

Thanks for any info or advice that you might have.

Joel

Reply to
Solomander

Hi. I am thinking of getting a Mercedes when the lease on my current car expires. I have been a little bit concerned about the quality control issues (especially the electronics related problems in the recent model E series cars). Does anybody have a sense of whether or not things are improving in the brand? Are there any specific models or years that should be avoided? I have been thinking about trying to track down a low mileage SL500, but if the recent ones have had glitches and the new ones are better, I would consider biting the bullet and getting a new one. I have also been thinking about the CLS

500 coupe.

Thanks for any info or advice that you might have.

Joel

Reply to
Solomander

Whatever you get... comprehensive extended warranty is always worth the money.

Reply to
Tiger

Stay with the higher volume models if reliability is a concern. The specialized models tend to be more complicated and so, expensive to fix and maintain. And the more "stuff" there is the more "stuff" there is to break - a fact of car life.

The '07 E-Class will be refreshed and be available this summer. It will feature the Pre-Safe system from the S-Class model.

New car warranty is 4 years and 50K miles with an option to extend the MBUSA warranty for some extra $$.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach