Mercedes Roadside Assistance

Mercedes has changed the Roadside Assistance policy. Basically if you haven't had service in the last year, no free service... even changing a dead battery.

So the solution is to have your car service by the dealer once in a while... Like some speacial deal for rotating tires for $40 or so... any special deals you like... and get it done so your car will be covered by Roadside Assistance.

There are some little details what is still free or not but one service done by dealer is better than AAA membership... which cost like $85 for preferred... and additional $50 per car. Yes, you can buy the basic AAA... but that is nowhere near what MB Roadside Assistance can do for your car.

Take advantage of factory roadside assistance where ever you can. Credit Card or AAA and other similar plans cost money... that doesn't pay unless you actually use it. Whereas a simple service at the dealer... you actually got something done and cover your car for a year... that is a deal!

Reply to
Tiger

Not entirely true. Vehicles purchased before Jan. 4, 2011 or those covered by an MB warranty receive roadside assistance regardless of annual service. Out of warranty vehicles receive roadside assistance if they were serviced at a dealer at a cost of at least $100 in the prior 18 months.

RLE

Roadside assistance policies vary across the world.

It also depends on circumstances as to whether you are charged for the call-out. I had a case of damaged sump caused by going over a so-called speed bump too quickly. Mercedes advised me they would probably charge me as it was not a manufacturing fault, so I called out the local equivalent of the AAA, who got my car to the workshop at no cost.

DAS

Reply to
DAS

Yep - realized after I posted that the explanation and links pointed to US policy. Certainly it would vary across the world.

| |

Reply to
RLE

We just traded for a new C63 AMG. Nothing was said about a complicated or exclusionary roadside assistance program. How about a little more info on this?

Reply to
LilAbner

Ask your local MB dealer. It has already been noted in this thread that policies vary across the world and you did not even state where you are based. (But congrats on your splendid new motor!)

If you have a new car you will probably have something associated with a new-car guarantee. Then there is something once that runs out. In Europe it is/was called MobiloLife for older cars. In UK they call it Mobilo for cars registered after Apr 08.

DAS

Reply to
DAS

U S A. I have the literature but just assumed it would be like the last one. Never had to use it though.

Reply to
LilAbner