Mercedes Serpentine Belt Replacement

Hope someone can help me out here, I need to replace the serpentine belt on mt 1992 400se 4.2 v-8 Mercedes Benz. I spoke with someone from the dealer and
they stated that no special tool is needed. Can anyone inform me how to replce this belt. Thanks for your help!!!
Mike, losen the tensioner nut then the loooong tensioner bolt. Make diagram of how the belot fits on and then r and r
cheers, guenter
ps the tensioner nut is a big one, about 17mm if I remember correctly
Just so I make sure this is correct the tensioner nut is below the tensioner spring correct, and I think it is a 19mm. How much do I need to loosen the tensioner Nut? Thanks again...
Guenter Scholz wrote:

You need to loosen the big bolt on the front of the tensioner first! Then you can release the belt from the tension adjuster...
Loosen the big nut (19mm) just enough that it turns freely (ie it's not binding against the tensioner.)
Marty

Exactly right, you can't miss this big nut .... 19mm sounds right,,, just below the tensioner spring. Just losen it a turn or two .... that's all it needs so that the tensioner mechanism is free to move. I seem to remember something about that long nut rotating opposite to expectations .... possibly I might be remembering wrong .... be careful when you losen it.
The belt basically fits around the outside of the pulleys but is then 'drawn in' between crank and fan to slip around the tensioner pulley.
Shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to replace.
cheers.

On 2005-09-07 17:40:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sciborg.uwaterloo.ca (Guenter Scholz) said:

True, but I know in the case of my wifes 1999 volvo. I didn't follow the advice of making a drawing of the proper belt path, as there appeared to be a diagram in the owners manual, but it turned out to be different...
This made it more puzzling for me to put the belt back on properly...
More like 20 minutes :~) Marty