mercedes smart key

When replacing the battery for my wifes car , i decided to renew my own also , I followed the instructions provided in the manual i.e removed the manual key element , prised of battery tray and replaced the two battterys with positive facing upwards. Once i replaced the battery tray the remote no longer functioned. I have tried the original batterys and it still doesnt work Help

Reply to
dermot.corr

The remote needs to be reprogrammed. I remember that the MB tech put the key in the ignition, turned it to position II, pressed the remote's lock button for about five seconds and it began to work as it should. Should I be mistaken about the procedure, I am sure that someone in this NG will teach us how to do the right thing.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

thanks for the tip , unfortunately , whatever i've done the little red light at the top of the key is no longer going on when i try to unlock or lock . Any tips anyone ?

Reply to
dermot.corr

Are you sure you installed the batteries with the correct polarity (upside down maybe?)

Bob

Reply to
revbob17

The problem stems from the fact that when i opened the key the first time the batteries flew out , so i was not able to see how they should go. I compared it to a few friends who had mercs and discovered that although i had put the batteries with the correct polarities one of the contacts had become bent when i opened the case. When i put in the batteries the contact was not providing power to the plip

I simply straightened out the contact , slipped th abtteries back in betweeen them and hey presto worked no problem

Reply to
dermot.corr