Mercedes w126 question

It took me a lot longer and many more miles, but then I went the pretty way ... via CH, IT and Dubrovnik...

IIRC Pula has a 'Top 5' Roman amphitheatre.

I wonder if Filip is from anywhere near there...

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" haute in die Tasten:

My way is via Austria, Slovenia (passing Dubrovnik), Opatija (too much tourists) and the new freeway across Istria - very nice.

Yep. been there, visited it.

Didn't he mention that he has been ther once, but does not live there?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kemper

yeah, i live in the country, Croatia, famous for the amphiteather in Pula, but i never visited it :) i'm about to! I'm from Zagreb, it is the capital

Reply to
filip

i'm afraid i don't quite understand... :) please help...

Reply to
filip

... and I may visit Zagreb in near future... (am planning a visit to Ljubljana and shall try for meeting with potentail client in Zagreb)...

But I shall not go in my Mercedes but 10 times faster in a product made by The Boeing Company or Airbus Industries... :-

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
marlinspike

but i still don't know where can i find that dipstick, is it in the tranny or what? :)

Reply to
filip

I trust you know that "tranny" is transmission, also known as gearbox. :-)

A dipstick is a stick (or rod) that is dipped into something. The best known one is the one for oil.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

i understand everything, but i can't understand where would i find that dipstick

Reply to
filip

Not too far in front of the firewall on the (US) passenger side of the motor.

Reply to
Richard

It has a red cap, near the firewall (between engine and passenger cabin) on what is the passengar side in the US (left side). It's really long too. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

It has a red cap that sits on top of the tube that contains the dipstick, with a black locking device extending an inch or so down the tube and going around half of it like a collar. The bottom part of this little collar snaps around half the tube to hold the cap on. You have to pull the collar away from the rod (it's hinged) to release the cap. Then pull the cap straight up, and it pulls the dipstick out of the rod.

Reply to
Tom Miller