Mercedes W140 which motor?

Which motor(320,420,500 and 600) is recommended for a used W140 years 1991-1993 and about 125000 mileage? I am going to use it as a second car.
Thanks Jukka

The more cylinders it have... the more maintenance. However, the 6 cylinder feels a bit underpowered but yield the most mileage. Perhaps you would be interested in the 350 diesel engine version that get 21 MPG regardless of city or highway.
Jukka wrote:

i don't know a lot about the engines specifically, but the 320 will not pull that car without a serious struggle... the 420 and the 500 would basically be the same engine, so go for the 500, unless the 420 is significantly cheaper.. the 600 is one i would stay away from, you don't ever wanna have to fix an old V12
furious gibbon wrote:

Well, I am really happy for my late 1998 S320. Pulls nice and has plenty of power (231HP). I have the 722.6 trans. Remember, the I6 is not as heavy as the V8 or V12.
br, syljua
Ok.
One another question. What is maintenance interval by W140? Eg.is it in point of 100000 mileage.
Thanks Jukka

The operating and repair costs increase with engine size. How much do you want to spend?

Not the V12!
I'd suggest the 500.
Make sure the air conditioning system works well before buying it. They're not cheap to repair or replace.
I almost bought a 1992 600SEL two years ago because it was a steal, but the dealer refused to knock down the price to $16.500,--- on basis of failed AC system. Repairing and replacing the system and components were quoted for $8.500,---.