Mercedes WIS programme

Has anyone got a copy to run successfully on their computer?

Yes, I do... However, it seem like if the copy is really outdated, it would disable itself...I'll have to check my laptop to see if this confirms my suspicion.

yes got it going but it took a few goes and it is prone to shutting down occasionally.Get a message every time about the cd being out of date, but it usually works. My trouble is navigating it... cheers!

It is probably nearly two years since I got mine. They will not load properly I get a few opening pictures then it crashes (I have two copies from different sources although they may be off the source originally). Both seem to stop around the same point, the loading used to progress further but never to the point where I could use them.
Any other pointers as to how to get it running? Compaq presario 2100 running XP.

maybe a bit more, but got the 'out of date' warnings then, didn't seem to make any difference. Thinking back I may have imaged the disc onto HD to install, you could try that? It certainly took a few goes to get it right. cheers!
SNIP

Out of interest what doesit do? Any pointers?
Cheers, Mark, M/cr
to reply by email, please take the michael

manual, full of vital and highly detailed information. If you can find it.... cheers!

Thanks News, does it connect to the onboard CPU or is it a glorified Haynes Manual?
Cheers, Mark, M/cr
to reply by email, please take the michael

Oh its much, much better than any Haynes, I believe the dealers can use it to order stuff as well, but I just use it as a manual and parts list
cheers!

It is THE information resource maintained by MB for all of their dealer mechanics. It takes 5 gb of hard drive space and covers pretty much every Merecedes car, truck, bus, etc. made since 1968. Rather archaic interface though, so you have to spend a long time learning it if you want to learn how to find things quickly.
The system that Mercedes mechanics use to hook up and interface with the car is the Star Diagnostics System "SDS" (I believe that is the whole name).
WIS is easy to find on eBay. Star is sometimes sold there but it usually comes with the computer and muliplexer box, so it usually runs thousands of $.