Michelin Cross-Pilot Tires

Can someone tell me when Michelin brought out the Cross-Pilot tire? It seems that they are now everywhere, including on new foreign and domestic SUVs.
Yet just a few years ago when I last bot tires for our '99 Explorer, I bot a different Michelin..an LTX something or other. Is the Cross Pilot something new?
Oops, I meant CROSS-TERRAIN tires! "Pilot" is another model!