Milwaukee's CLUELESS SW side M-B dealer

Went to the parts counter at International Auto, Milwaukee's #2 Mercedes dealer, for a brake light bulb for a 1993 W140.

Think they could find the correct bulb on the computer? Think they could find any reference material at all? Think they would at least ask a tech?

Nope.

They actually asked me to drive 20 miles to get the burned out bulb and bring it back so they could hand match it. Ain't arrogance great?

No wonder Concours still leads in service and parts. Another reason to avoid International.

MM

Reply to
James

And why would anyone go to the dealer for a light bulb when you can get almost all of them at local parts stores easier and cheaper? Plus, anytime I go to get a part anywhere, if at all possible, I bring the old part with me, because it sure makes it a lot easier for everyone.

Reply to
Chet Hayes

Chet... Chet... Chet...

I realize you are a true superior intellect by your insightful observation alone... but there are other possibilities as to my flawed reasoning that even a worldly genius like you could probably (possibly?) appreciate:

A) I like to use the original parts (I know, my flawed reasoning) and...

B) I was procuring a bulb after a call from my delightful girlfriend who reported the bulb out and asked me to pick one up...

Ah well, what I can learn here!

Reply to
James