Mirror leak and door stain

My 99 E 320 leaked some kind of dark fluid from within the driver side mirror while I was out of town for a week and where the fluid dripped on the door paint it appears to have left an indelible stain.Can anyone help me
identify a fix short of having the door repainted?
Have you tried rubbing compound?
Laszlo Almasi

Whatever this dark fluid was, it did not originate from the side mirror! It must have been thrown from somewhere else...

I would try to take a sample of the dark matter and see if there is a solvent that might work. There is a product call "bug and tar remover" that seemed to work pretty well when tar from a new road got on the lower half of my rear bumper.
Hope this helps you.

bird droppings can be very liquid and resembles a dark fluid that is difficult to remove after - it leaves a stain that comes out ohh so slowly with rubbing compound
cheers, guenter
It's acid; the owner's manual specifically warns of exactly what happened to your car if the mirror should break.