Miscellaneous questions from a new W124 owner.

I recently acquired my second MB, a 1995 E320 Wagon, and have some pending questions that I haven't seen commented anywhere else in this newsgroup, so here they are:

  • Quite a bit of water is leaking into the trunk! Apparently through the tailgate's lower left corner. Is this another known issue, with a known solution?

  • Contrary to the 300SE, the E320 doesn't stand still in slopes without breaking. Is this abnormal or a simplified design?

  • The front sway bars are covered with surface rust: Anything to worry about?

  • The additional storage / console under the armrest doesn't close locked. This is the sliding "accordeon" wood trim. Is this yet another known issue, with a known solution too?

__________________

1991 W126 300SE (M103) 1995 W124 E320 Wagon (M104)
Reply to
sanchezc

Are you referring to the auto gear box? In gear and sloping upwards?

If so, I have this with my 2001 CLK Cab auto. Seems to be a feature of newer transmissions. My 1993 190E doesn't slip backwards on a slope.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
marlin

Reply to
marlin

Don't have this.

Mine never broke whilst standing still on a hill (sorry, bad joke). My other two (1985 SEL, Toyota Camry) ultimately require braking if the hill is steep enough as well.

What's a front sway bar ?

That unit is a piece of crap. Nicely decorated, but crap. Don't remember the price I was quoted to fix it, but it would have financed at least 1 day of Shrimp's generous package. By the way the armrest is also a piece of crap. That was about 1 week's of Shrimp's salary. Live with 'em is my advice.

Reply to
GT