Miscellaneous questions from a new W124 owner.

I recently acquired my second MB, a 1995 E320 Wagon, and have some pending questions that I haven't seen commented anywhere else in this newsgroup, so here they are:
* Quite a bit of water is leaking into the trunk! Apparently through the tailgate's lower left corner. Is this another known issue, with a known solution?
* Contrary to the 300SE, the E320 doesn't stand still in slopes without breaking. Is this abnormal or a simplified design?
* The front sway bars are covered with surface rust: Anything to worry about?
* The additional storage / console under the armrest doesn't close locked. This is the sliding "accordeon" wood trim. Is this yet another known issue, with a known solution too?
__________________ 1991 W126 300SE (M103) 1995 W124 E320 Wagon (M104)

Are you referring to the auto gear box? In gear and sloping upwards?
If so, I have this with my 2001 CLK Cab auto. Seems to be a feature of newer transmissions. My 1993 190E doesn't slip backwards on a slope.
DAS
"sanchezc" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Heh, I've never known a car that doesn't slip backwards on an uphill. I was about to say it could be because I've always driven heavier cars, but you say your 300SE doesn't slip back, and to me that's odd.

Um, solution to fixing leak = replace seal. Shop will probably charge about $100 labor. Don't worry about the sway bar. Richard

Don't have this.

Mine never broke whilst standing still on a hill (sorry, bad joke). My other two (1985 SEL, Toyota Camry) ultimately require braking if the hill is steep enough as well.

What's a front sway bar <g>?

That unit is a piece of crap. Nicely decorated, but crap. Don't remember the price I was quoted to fix it, but it would have financed at least 1 day of Shrimp's generous package. By the way the armrest is also a piece of crap. That was about 1 week's of Shrimp's salary. Live with 'em is my advice.