ML 350 - Inside got wet

My buddy had my car for a week, he left the sunroof open last night and as the story of course goes (with my luck) it rained. The car now will not shift out of neutral into park. Shifts into drive fine. Any
thoughts?
You kicked your buddies butt,right?
CaptainW116 wrote:

Actually, just let *him* get everything fixed at the dealership... I think the look on he face when the bill arrives would be sufficient retribution.
WS
--
change to leews to mail

If I remember correctly there was a post on this newsgroup a month or two back with almost the exact same problem in a E320, search it on Google.
cp
Sounds like you've drowned your gear selector module. You need to replace the gear shift (GSM). Obviously your "buddy" will be paying?