ML Question

Is it crazy to consider a 1999 ML430 with 104,000 miles for $ 16,000. I wonder what it would be worth in 3 years with about 150,000. Pls advise . Thanks

Reply to
ROBMILOS

If it's a one-owner, with all the records, good tires and finish, no wrecks, and you can verify that all the "usual" problems were resolved, then I'd buy it for about $12K. As for the "usual problems", these might include problems with the window switches, harmonic balancer, fuel sender, fuel filter, fuel lines, cooling fans, transmission cooling lines, trip computer, mass airflow sensor, excessive oil usage, door lock actuators, and excessive wind noise due to insufficient door seals. As for its future value, it can only go down, and I would not expect the same longevity from the ML (or any late model MB for that matter) that you would have expected from the older models.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

It wasn't worth it when it was new.

JJ

ROBMILOS wrote:

Reply to
Jeremy

Hi,

Last year I switched from 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee V-8 to 2000 ML430. I like it very much. Totally difrent truck, and it is doing a great job with towing my

21' SeaRay, or Cargo Trailer with 2 full size ATV's. You can do better than $16k. Look at Ebay, and look for one that is under 4 years old and 50k miles. If you get one you can still buy extended warranty from Starmark ( MB warranty) for additional 4 years or max 100k miles. You need service records,

Ardyno

Reply to
ArDyno