ML320 Brakes

On another post I wrote about ML Dunlop tire problems. On this post, I am wondering about the brake pads. My friend with the 2002 ML320 is going on his THIRD set of brake pads at 15,000 miles. While he does admit to driving
almost all city (Pittsburgh hills) up-and-down driving, is it normal for the Benz Truck to go thru brake pads every 7500 miles? I owned Benzes for years but never the truck. Generally my "S" Class cars (S320...1999 then 1993 before that) went thru pads every 12,000 miles or so. Shouldn't the truck get at least that many miles on front pads?
My wife's 2000 ML430 is using up brake pads quicker than I would expect, and the dealer says that is "normal". She has gone through two sets of rears (quite a surprise) and one set of fronts in 40k. And the brakes are noisy and prone to squeals when braking at low speed, even with new rotors! Dealer says there are many complaints yet no real cure.
regards,

driving
the
years
The dealer is a bit "abnormal" as he says "that is normal". Usually two sets of front and one set of rear is so call "normal".
If your wife did not do hand brake turn (4WD???) all the time or tow a boat all the time, your ML must have a brake problem.
Complaint accepted, everything remains the same (or will sort it out in the very near future <100 years later>)-- the golden rule of handling customers' complaints
Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

am
on
truck
I'm getting 25K-30K out of fronts and 30K-40K out of rears. One set of rotors per two sets of pads. This is in somewhat hilly terrain, 75% town/surbuban, 15% light trailer towing on highway.
5K is ridiculously short, but then I've seen some ridiculous driving habits that are pure hell on brakes.
- Mark
I have 24,000 on my ML 320 (2002 ) and I just had a state inspection sticker with the original brakes. I would say that it is abnormal
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:07:09 GMT, "B. Newman"

driving
the
years
I drive in a lot of city traffic and I also drive very "spiritedly". My OEM brakes lasted about 20K miles. I used Rotex pads as the replacement and while they are still a little noisy, I have no brake dust on the wheels and the truck seems to stop more quickly now. The OEM pads seem to be a bit soft. I'd recommend trying an aftermarket pad.
--

- RODNEY

My 1999 ML320 goes about 25K for each set of front pads. Just put 3rd set on at 79K along with new rotors. Rears done once at about 50K.
Original tires lasted 35-40K (not Dunlops). Now have Michelin Cross Terrains. Plenty of tread left with 40K on them.
John in Georgia

driving
the
years