ML320 Door access

I can no longer lock my left rear door. The mechanism tries about four times in rapid succession to lock when I press the lock button without succeeding. All other doors lock normally.
I'd like to remove the interior door trim panel to see what is going on. Can anyone share some advise on how to remove the interior door panel to expose the locking mechanism?
Boden
Looking at the actuator will not fix it...... the only fix is to replace the actuator with a new one from MB.