ML320 & iPod

I have a 2002 ML 320 with CD changer (who designed a CD player that does not shuffle discs?). Is it possible to connect an Apple iPod either in place of or in conjunction with the player? Any after market kits?

Thanks Steve

Reply to
Steven Hogue

"Steven Hogue" wrote in news:r10Ed.74488$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Yep, it's about $350. Google for it...

ken

Reply to
Ken Yee

Try any of these.

They work fine. I ordered teh Lexus version for my LS 400 and I am about to get one for my wife's car. On the other hand, if you were to change the stock radio to an Apline would get you an auxilliary input for the iPod. You can actually control the iPod with the radio.

Good luch

Steven Hogue wrote:

Reply to
Buckshop LeFunk

This one is the best for sure, but not too cheap...

marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Anyone know if it allows you to use your steering-wheel controls and dashboard display for iPod control?

Thanks!

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I found the solution to the IPOD and Mercedes Question: Kenwood Excelon + Denson ICE interface.

I just had my entire BOSE system RIPPED out! Put in this Killer DVD/CD/IPOD/SIRIUS/GPS/NAVIGATION system for what it would have costed me to buy just the Navigation add on for my existing System!

Check out the details and pictures of this baby at:

justice510

Keep in mind that Bose has nothing to do with the MCS head unit (which is manufactured for MBZ by Alpine). The Bose portion of the ML's audio system is the combination of the speakers (including a subwoofer under the driver's seat) and the special Bose compensator that "tunes" the head unit's output to match the speakers and the environment of the ML's cabin. Unless you also ripped out the compensator and the speakers, you still have Bose sound (which some people like, and some people like to hate). Keep in mind that by removing the MCS, you have also disabled TeleAid (which may not be important to you, but I thought I mention it) because the MCS is the "master" in the D2B fiber optic ring.

As for the new system, it looks GREAT and is exactly what I am planning to do in my ML. You mentioned that you paid $650 for the installation parts and labor, but what sort of deal did you get on the head unit? The cheapest I've seen is about $1K just for it, without the NAV and an amp.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill