ML320 Oil Gushing Out after Oil Change

Hi there,

This has happened to me twice now and I am really agitated about it. I have changed the oil in the 1999 ML320 for the second time now myself and after driving about 10 Miles the oil starts gushing out from the Oil Filter! The first time it happened I thought I blew the head gasket but after looking I figured out it was coming out from the filter compartment. I changed the filter and added more oil and everything was fine. Yesterday I changed oil again and this morning when my wife was driving the car the same thing happened. Oil gushing out through the oil filter compartment again!!! I checked the filter and all the rubber washers are there... What am I missing? Is the filter upside down or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Reply to
boblotz2001

Make sure none of the washers/seals from the old filter are still in the block. If so, it may be preventing the new filter from completely seating.

Reply to
Rodney T. Grill

This should help go to this site and look at the pictures and read the instructions. It should be fairly simple to figure out where you have the problem. Good luck, here's the site:

dougmcp