ML320 Won't Start Reliably

While travelling to vacation, we stopped for gas and my '99 ML320 would not restart. It turned over fine but would not run. The fuel pump was replaced @ about 40,000 miles and it now has 98,000 miles.

I checked the fuel pump fuse (it was OK), jiggled and tapped the relay and activated/deactivated the security system several times. After many attempts the car finally started and we completed our trip.

Next morning, no start... followed by the same routine and then finally... it runs. I have a feeling that the problem is with the security system. I have left the key in the ignition and not locked/secured the car and it has continued to operate properly.

I would appreciate any insight into thisoproblem before I bring it to the dealer who is incompetent and deceitful (that's a whole other story).

Any ideas?? THANKS!

Reply to
rag

dealer who is incompetent and deceitful (that's a whole other story). <

Welcome to the world of MB service!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

I had a similar problem... what cured min- for now.. (98) was as follows: Open hood, look for 2 cables coming off plus side of battery... the thinner one - give it a jiggle...

either I found the problem... of it was a coincidence...

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

I experienced similar case and turn out the green relay was "on strike" randomly. Replaced and works fine now.

Keith E14 4NS "Gerald G. McGeorge" ¦b¶l¥ó news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...