ML430 - 7 spoke wheels

I was ordering a set of ML430 - 7 spoke wheels for my 2000 ML320 and Performance Products said the wheels would only work on 98's and 99's. This seems odd since the 5 spoke OEM wheels on my 99 and 2000's are intechangeable.
Any idea why a 17 x 8.5 wheel, 5x112 that would work on a 98 and 99 ML320 would not work on 2000 and later?
I don't think MB changed any offset or center hub size... It is very unlike MB to do so.... so I believe they will fit with zero problem.

AFAIK, the only issue with wheels on the ML is that ML430's have larger brake calipers and thus can;t use the smaller 16" rims from an ML320. In your case, you are using larger diameter rims on an ML320, so there should be no problems at all.
--

- RODNEY