Modulator Replacement Question

The old modulator on my 1981 380sl has a small metal pin that fits into the receptacle on the transmission. However, the Mercedes brand modulator I just bought to replace it comes with a separate, long
plastic pin with a little wheel and nipple on one end. Can anyone tell me if this is the correct part and, if so, how to install it.?
Thanks very much in advance, and Best Wishes for a Very Happy New Year.
Larry
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 1, 7:32 am, Larry Green <> wrote:

Larry, that doesn't sound right. They built the 107 chassis for many years and many technology changes. As I recall the early model metal vacunm modulators were never replaced by the newer version plastic of which there were many different versions.
If you can supply your complete VIN number I may be able to verify the correct version. The aftermarket suppliers often don't have the sophistocated cataloging of the Manufacturer resulting in errors.
You may post your VIN here or go to my website and send it there. http://les4parts.home.att.net /
Add pictures here
✖
Thanks for trying to help, Les4Parts. As it turns out, it is definitely the right modulator, since I found a MB Bulletin explaining that the plastic extension was designed to account for expansion and contraction at different temperatures.
What I need to know now, then, is how to install it?
Thanks for any help.

✖
Just make sure you do take all the old modulator parts out... sometime they detach from each other...
Modulator is only held in by a bolt and a metal clip.
Add pictures here
✖