More info on hot relay in 560SEC

More info on relay: The relay is for the seat adjustment motors. Seats will not move with relay out. Part #0015420219. On the otherside SR9850. I disconnected the Neg. battery cable with the relay in place and checked
the current draw with a heavy duty ammeter.Saw 3 amps for about a second then faded to nothing. Checked it again and again.with the same result. Seems to draw about 50 milli-amps after fading, although I blew the .5 amp fuse in the little meter checking. At this point, the relay is getting warm again with the car just sitting. I wonder if it is a bad relay?