Motor Mounts - 300D

Well, I just found out that my motor mounts, which were alleged to have been replaced during my engine overhaul, were not, and all the mounts and vibration dampeners are completely shot, the engine is
sitting right on the frame, which is why I could never get the engine to stop shaking the car. Additionally, the vaccum modulator on the trans was never adjusted after the rebuild, which accounts for my slipping transmission shifting.
Also confirmed that the a/c compressor was never installed (lubricated) properly during the R134a conversion, which is why I only got 19 miles out of the new compressor.
Darn! I hope your mechnaic willl replace all these items for free.

Even worse, assuming the same guy that did the engine re-build put the engine back in the car, one can only wonder what else he did that's wrong. It takes a first class imbecile or scammer to not replace shot motor mounts when re-installing an engine.

You've got that right. It does make me wonder. I may not know, until my engine does not go the distance I had expected. I am just hoping that he was more meticulous in the assembly of the engine.

I can think of no excuse for not changing engine mounts that are thirty years old and 216K miles. It certainly wasn't a question of money, as I certainly parted with plenty of that during the process...