Mounting 300 D Insignia/Emblem

The "300 D" emblem/insignia on the trunk lid fell off my 1977 300 D. I have gotten a replacement. It has three pins that match three holes in
the lid, but no grooves, threads, etc., on the pins for a fastner on the other side of the lid. How does one attach it? How is it removed (I am planning to have the car repainted at some point)?
Thanks,
Peter Hollings
There is a compression disc that will grab onto that pins and hold it in place from inside the trunk... you need those threee discs.

Thanks, Tiger. Any idea where I can get those compression discs?
Peter
Dealer or any body shop should have something for you.
They have that a lot of those things at www.autohausaz.com too.

Thanks, they have it.
Peter
A dealer? They are usually helpful when it comes to supplying replacement bonnet stars. Low-cost parts.
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'