mp3 player in '95 S

i have a '95 S420. equipped for CD, but no changer installed. bought a palm pilot (Tungsten E2) with RealPlayer built in. since i'm virtually certain
nobody makes a cable and adapter to connect the palm to the radio, i was thinking that i could 'borrow' the car's speakers by connectng the palm to them via the headphone jack. not sure if the output would be high enough to power the car's speakers, though. any ideas how i could 'borrow' the radio's amp, too?
Thanks in advance.
Check Crutchfield.Com and Periperal.Com. I've got a 95 S320, same situation. I used an adapter cable from peripheral to connect an Alpine CD changer to the system for a fraction of the cost and works perfectly. I cut into the cable and brought wires up to the center console where I installed a female mini stereo jack under the lid of the arm rest. Allows me to pug in laptop, portable dvd, ipod or anything else and sounds great!
Crutchfield offers a cable (Mbus to RCA) that allows you to use the factory CD connection as an auxillary input.
Both of these methods are MUCH better than using an RF (radio adapter) Adapter. Been there, done that, hated it.....
All the best, BOB

Hi fellas,
I've got a '95 W124. I'm in Switzerland. I've just bought a Iriver radio transmittor for my mp3 player. Although the sound is great, the bandwidth is VERY crowded and I'm now thinking about a solution such as Bob has suggested. The problem is that, to my knowledge, Crutchfield does not deliver outside of North America.
Would you know of a European outlet for the "Mbus to RCA"?
Many thanks, Galen

Galen Pope wrote:

I've only bought car radios with Line IN in recent times, so I don't have this problem myself.
There are FM modulators (transmitters) that are plugged inbetween the car antenna and the radio. I believe they filter out one channel and replace it with your MP3 player's output. Not as good as Line IN but probably preferable to a simple transmitter.
Ximinez
There are a lot of FM transmitters on the market that work reasonably well. The only problem is that you will get interference depending on location and proximity to stations close to the frequency you are on. I found however that the cassette adapter works better for me.
Peter

Peter W Peternouschek wrote:

Yes, but this particular one is placed between the antenna and the radia and FILTERS OUT any interfering frequencies before adding the signal. This addresses this exact issue.
Cassette adapters are wonderful if you have a cassette player.
Ximinez
I may be wrong but I thought that the standard MB radio included a cassette player in 95.?

Peter W Peternouschek wrote:

Not this one apparently: >>> i have a '95 S420. equipped for CD, but no changer installed.
Ximinez
that's not what i meant. there is a jack for the CD changer in the trunk, but there's no changer installed. there is also a cassette in the radio. sounds like the best solution is going to be the line-in jack, assuming i can find one.
thanks for all the tips.