My 93 400E getting there need some help.

Can you open the relay up and see what's broken? Sometimes it's someting obvious and can be repaired if you're careful.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Yes I can see that the two flat maze looking things are burnt through and I have no idea how to get new ones. I am not a electronic guru but I dont think these heat dissapating? looking deals are very common. Probably why a new relay is 200 bucks. I can live with the dash light for now. Next month I will get a new one then I am set. Nothing but cosmetics for the good old car...

Reply to
macdrone

ouch, pitter and burnt is ok you can clean it up with sandpaper but burnt right through is not good. it means there was an ecessive load someplace - not enough to bugger a fuse but enough to burn a relay.

i'd go with a used oe frankly, given you now how to visially check one now you ought to be able to get one for $20 or so.

Richard Sexton

Wow this board is it! With a good used box I got cheap I was able to track down I was able to see the burnt bulb light come on slowly. Sure enough two bulbs dont offer enough resistance and slowly show up as burnt out. Put 2 better bulbs in there and wala! no more light. Thanks for all the help!

Richard Sext> > >Yes I can see that the two flat maze looking things are burnt through

Reply to
macdrone

No problem, you'll get the bill in the mail.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Well at least I know refinement in driving doesnt mean no personality.

Reply to
macdrone

Great personality? Screw that, we have hot chicks:

Richard Sexton

Oh wow last thing, seems that in someones haste they spliced into another wire for the wire for the marker light also causes the bulb out light and headlight relay to short. Now its the way it should be from the beginning.

Reply to
macdrone