My C240 is Not Starting

I知 hoping you can help me out since I知 not sure whats going on with my 2001 C240. I have not drove my car in the past 6 weeks and was planning on taking it out this weekend. I jumped in, turned the key
and nothing ... car would not crank over. The lights on the dash lite up but the engine would not turn over. I was thinking I might have a bad battery from sitting, so I place a battery charger on the car overnight. Came back the next day and the same thing, lights on the dash but engine will not turn over. I placed the charger on the battery for another 24 hours. Still nothing. Now I知 thinking it might not be the battery but something else. I noticed that I cannot put the car in Neutral or just get it out of Park. Is there something that I might be overlooking? I致e tried both of my key fobs. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
You mean you cannot shift gear even with ignition on and foot on brake? I recall that you can stick a pencil down the hole to release it... it is in the owner's manual on how to do this.
What about the brake switch that works with the transmission interlock? This is a part known to fail on the C class cars. Fairly easy and inexpensive to repair. Google the various MB forums and you will find lots of info.
Thanks for the reply back. I will check a few more things this weekend and let everyone know. Thanks Again!
"user" wrote: > What about the brake switch that works with the transmission > interlock? > This is a part known to fail on the C class cars. Fairly easy > and > inexpensive to repair. Google the various MB forums and you > will find lots > of info.