My first car

Page 2 of 3

Actually, it is quite common for some professions, like club bouncer, auditor... One of the best examples of this is the movie "Roadhouse." :-) Why risk damage to your nice car?
Lee
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hoopty

AKA a beater, junker, or P.O.S. (piece of shit), but hoopty is much more redneck. :-)
Lee
More idiomatic expressions....
It's ok, even I know what that is.
:-) DAS --
Your parents are so generous. Those are all nice cars. Take a look at the Lexus ES also
Beacon wrote:

40 thousand bucks? get a secondhand ferrari

For a kid who just learned how to drive? Wants to go to med school but has to "save up" for it. What a hoot.
I suugest a used Toyota Corolla instead.
I'm with you. He should by a little 308 or if he's lucky a 328 QV at about the 40K price point. Definitely makes a statement.
good idea! I got 2 !
one http://www.geocities.com/acgallex/cars/f348 / two http://www.geocities.com/acgallex/cars/f355 /
:O) Alx

Looks like somewhere in Europe, nice Brick houses with real roofs in the back ground. Martin. Autobahn Auto Ich bin ein Berliner

...correct! not only that...but also ON the Autobahn! :O) thnx guys... U R Great!
Alx

oooh...on 2nd thought...dont get one
just had the timing belts done on the 355 and some other stuff! every 3 years or 20k mi
its just a big hassle...
have a look how they have to disassemble the whole chassis 1)
http://www.geocities.com/acgallex/cars/f355/f355-GTB-09.jpg
2)
http://www.geocities.com/acgallex/cars/f355/f355-GTB-10.jpg
they are fun to drive, but pray, that nothing has to be repaired... parts come from italy and take about a month
if this is boring and too far off topic...just give me a hint!
alx
83 240D 250k 92 190E 160k
some fs with 20k :O)

Glad to hear you're a doughnut... :-)
It's what John Kennedy really said but, I suppose, we knew what he really meant...
DAS --

Buy a bicycle and give the rest of the money to poor people who live off five dollars a day in countries less privileged than you. You'll grow up to be physically fitter, you'll be living by the principle of the hypocratic oath, and when you're older and buy a car with money you've actually earnt it will give you a lot more satisfaction.
But hey you are a yank, so I suspect doing the above would seem a pretty bizarre idea.

Bravo, this is the best one yet. And if I may add, show some respect for your teachers, maybe their driving a hoopty to work so that you students don't vandalize their other cars. That's what's wrong with the kids today...no respect for older people. Autobahn Auto.
My first car was a pair of ChevroLEGS. But for your "situation" it seems a G35 would be a good fit.

I'll give credit where credit's due. At least the 16 yr old (I'm assuming here as I don't know what the driving age is in NY) is asking for advice instead of plowing through with the most fancy looking, cute vehicle $40,000USD can buy.
Kudos to you. Now, hope you'll have the compassion for the less fortunate when you pass them with your top down in your spanking brand new luxury car.
--
R Green
Tech Support
If we're lucky, he'll have the car for a week, and either total it (and himself) or be car-jacked (pity if he was injured in the struggle).
Thanks, RG + JQ + Wintermute, for the intelligent replies.
I did *not* ask for liberal commie nazi comments on social issues.
I *did* ask the group an open-ended question and expected intelligent responses. My mistake was in not qualifying my query by inviting only those with IQ > 200 need reply.
It certainly proves my point how immature these old farts really are: look all that hostility and jealousy!
Hey, Dori Schmetterling, didn't you say your employer bought you your old-ass Merc? Who's the "poser" now? No, I'm not from California. Duh! That you would say such a thing just proves your stupidity.
Does Mercedes market to low-class old fart losers like Juergen, et al.?
Poor loser Juergen simply "does not believe" that American teenagers drive *low end* luxury cars and recommends against buying any new car, including a Merc. rotflol
Mercedes should post a disclaimer here that Juergen does not work for or otherwise represent MB in Stttgart and that he is actually one of the uneducated and unemployed losers from the ex-East German ghettos.
The reality is that Juergen is full of envy and jealousy: he goes around posting all day about his crappy 20-year-old Merc while the world's future -- i.e., Americans a third of his old fart age -- are driving around in brand new Mercs or better!
Are BMW owners really more superior? We shall see. BMW people, please state your case.
To be continued ...
Beacon wrote: (the usual nonsense)
It is too obvious you are not the person you claim to be (a 16-year old student etc. pp.).
This month alone you trolled in alt.auto.mercedes alt.politics.usa.republican so.culture.latin.america alt.law-enforcement soc.culture.irish alt.obituaries ni.politics alt.talk.royalty alt.politics.bush sci.skeptic alt.conspiracy <http://www.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_uauthors=%22beacon%22&lr=&hl=en
I am so sorry for you poor soul from Kansas!
Juergen