My first SL500

Hi, Two days ago I found a beautiful red 1992 SL500. It only had 18,500 miles on it and was in absolutely perfect condition. It was owned by a man in Aspen Colorado (I live in Denver) who kept it in an
environmentally controlled garage and drove it less than 2,000 miles a year. Before he got rid of it for a 2003 SL55 AMG last week, he put on a brand new set of michelin high performance tires and got the 15,000 mile service done. It is hard to believe a car like this had such few miles and was in such perfect shape. The engine was spotless. It has a matching hardtop and the soft top looks like it has never seen sunshine. The only thing on this car that isn't working perfectly is the left air conditioning vent. I guess I lucked out and had a feeling this car would be snapped up fast so I bought it. Our other cars are a Volvo S80 and a Saab 9000. So this SL500 is quite different from anything else we've owned. Anyone who can offer advice on a car like this, it will be appreciated. I'd like to keep it in the pristine condition it currently is in. Also, does anyone have any advice on a hardtop hoist for our garage. Our three car garage is now full of cars and I have little room for the hardtop and need it stored up and out of the way. So far my first Mercedes experience is a good one.
Thanks in advance, Don
Don,
Congratulations on your new car and enjoy it. It sounds like a great find.
As far as the hardtop hoist is concerned, I remember reading some years ago (maybe in The Star, the magazione of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America, MBCA) about a hoist by the name of Sto' Away. The report on it was very good. It was easy to use and safe to leave the hardtop hanging because of its safety features that prevented an accidental dropping of the hardtop. I think there were two models, one manually operated and one electrically operated.
Best regards,
Danny
Dealer service will be expensive. Try to find an independent M-B shop whose customer base includes cars of this 10 year old vintage, not just old diesel sedans.
Don,
I found my hoist from www.performanceproducts.com. Congratulations!