My S500's leather is filthy!

So, the guys at the carwash were unable to get the dirt out of the crevices in the leather on the seats (I hope I didn't make a huge mistake by letting them try). Can anyone recommend a product I can use to get it clean - preferrably something I can order over the internet? It's a year 2000 S500, if that matters.

Thanks! Devon

Reply to
Devon

Leatherique.com

Rejuvenator Oil and Pristine Klean.

Reply to
Tiger

The ONLY (and I do mean ONLY) thing you should use on car leather is Leatherique.

George does his own website so it has the garage homegrown feel to it but heed well his wordss. They are gospel. Especially the stuff about anything petrolium based drying out leather. Most stuff you can get in stores is petrolium based and works in the short term, but long term? Uh, no.

I'be brught dead hard as a rock leather back to life with this stuff and coaches and coats. I'd never even think of using anything else.

Use as directed. The leather must get to 90-100F for it work properly, no lower, no higher. This is vital.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reply to
robrjt

Only one thing to do - trade it in for a new one, that is if you can find anyone willing to buy a car with dirty leather. Good luck!

mcbrue cleanly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420 (clean leather, of course)
Reply to
mcbrue

I second Tiger-

Leatherique.com.

Pristine Clean / Rejuvenator.

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

Lexol is junk... no where near Leatherique.

Reply to
Tiger

Contains petrolium. Long term it will dry out and kill the leather.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Leather in my car is dead - came from a dead cow or something like that.

Never worry about cleaning the leather in your car. Just let them ole boyz in tha bak spill sum beer on em when them is partyin on an that will keep em klean!

mcbrue cleanly under the bridge in the trailer down by the river

96 S420
Reply to
mcbrue

For him, we love him... It came naturally and he is famous for that.

Reply to
Tiger